French/ English language coach
World is a Village is an Edtech platform with a mission: to connect teenagers across the globe through conversation and travel.
Our AI-powered platform connects teenagers and their families around the world to enable meaningful conversation and exchanges as well as homestay travel. We believe in the power of openness and communication to make the world a better, happier place. We have won recognition as one of the top early stage EdTech startups and recently joined the Founders Factory Accelerator Programme in London.
✋ Create an educational, fun and digital experience for teens to meet and learn from one another.
As a coach in the team you will be responsible for animating group games sessions with small communities (20 max) of teenagers, half french-speaking and half english-speaking.
Your mission is to create engaging sessions where everyone is encouraged to speak in a foreign language, in a fun and relaxed way, with help from their pals and from you.
You will create new pedagogical content for every week’s new games sessions. In between sessions, you will animate the community with quizzes, fun facts etc to trigger conversation.
Location: Paris, London or anywhere really as long as you have good internet!
Work Schedule: Each group games session lasts for one hour. For every hour of games session that you will animate, we will pay for 2 hours of work (to include preparation and community engagement during the week)
The coaching sessions take place in the evening (5 or 6pm UK) and on Saturday afternoons.
Package: Hourly rate to be discussed
Your Hard Skills :
- You are a native English speaker and you speak French fluently
- You have experience teaching teens between the ages of 10 to 16
- You are well versed in digital tools and social media – ideally you even know how to use Discord (if not we’ll teach you no worries!)
- You know how to animate a group session online and make it fun and lively
- You are creative and proactive
- You love to iterate quickly, learn, update
- You are organised and you love working within a team
Your Soft Skills:
- You are curious
- You want to innovate in the Education area
- You have a wonderful positive energy to share – you are bubbly, energetic, fun.
- You’re a gamer at heart
- You believe in peer to peer learning
- Entrepreneurship and startup environments is something that attracts you
- You love people, travel and sharing experiences
- You are reliable
- A great mission – we strongly believe that the best way to improve our world, to fight racism, fear and hostility is to connect people, especially youth, across the globe
- A great way to practice your french and work with an international team
- A team of successful, experienced and high-energy entrepreneurs
- The possibility to work from Paris, London, or from your office at home anywhere
- Type of contract : freelance